Australia Education

Studying in Australia

Australia is fast becoming a top destination for students, as the quality and diversity of the education system in this country equips students with long-term advantages. Degrees from Australian universities are recognized across the globe, and an education from an Australian University is considered on par with the best in the world.

An Australian education comes with the best infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities, and teaching that is second to none. Students can avail of an exceptional educational experience and lifestyle. The Australian Government encourages international students, and has a deep commitment to providing superior quality education at all levels. An education in Australia can be considered the best platform for students to succeed in their careers, and gives them a heads up on facing future challenges in the workplace.

Market surveys show that Australia is the third most popular destination for international students, and today there are students from over two hundred countries who have taken up higher education here.


Work rights during studies

On a student visa, students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when course is in session. During vacations there is no limit on the number of hours they can work, and students often save up during vacation time.


Work rights for your spouse

If a student’s spouse has travelled to Australia on a dependent visa, he or she can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight throughout the year.

In the case of students who are studying at a Masters or PhD level, their spouses can work full-time once the student starts their main course.


Post Study work rights

After graduation, students can stay in Australia for between 18 months and four years, depending on their qualification.

  • Graduates who have completed a Bachelor degree or Masters by coursework degree in Australia can apply for a two year post-study work visa.
  • Graduates who have completed a Masters by research degree or a Doctoral degree in Australia can apply for a post-study work visa for three or four years respectively.
  • Other students may be eligible to apply for the Temporary Skilled Graduate [subclass 485] visa. Note that the subclass 485 visa is only a temporary visa that allows an 18 month stay to work in Australia.


What if you wish to stay longer?

The Australian government welcomes people who can contribute long-term to the economy and country, and is keen to offer permanent visas to skilled migrants. Such people wishing to work in Australia will be assessed on a points-based system with points awarded for work experience, qualifications and language proficiency.

The first step is to submit an Expression of Interest for a Skilled visa, via the SkillSelect process. If this is accepted, you can begin application for a full visa. 


Bringing your dependents

If the student's course duration is 12 months or longer, then his or her spouse and children of a student can accompany them to Australia. They will have to apply for a dependent visa at the same time as the student applies for their visa. Alternatively, the spouse and children can join the student later after they have commenced their course.

Even if the family members do not plan to travel with the student, their names must be declared in his/her application. This is important- as if he/she does not declare all family members in the application, they will not be eligible to apply for a dependent visa once the student has arrived in Australia.

Quick Enquiry


Partner Portal Login

Payment Online

Sent Feedbacks

Request Newsletter

Company Profile

Image Gallery