Germany Education

Studying in Germany

Higher education institutes in Germany enjoy an excellent reputation among international students. Germany is very advanced in the fields of technology and engineering, among many other fields, and teaching and research facilities are among the best in the world. Programs for international students are taught in English, and tuition fees are waived or funded by scholarships- making this one of the most affordable places to study abroad.

The German higher education system is considered to be one of the best in the world, offering diverse courses that lead to a variety of academic degrees. In Germany, great emphasis is laid on the unity of learning and research, and students are encouraged to try out apprenticeships; thus gaining valuable hands-on experience while they study. Innovation and practicality are the keywords that drive progress and growth in the country.

German universities perform very well in international rankings, and an increasing number of young people from all over the world are setting their sights on an education in this country.


Work rights during studies

An international student studying full-time in Germany is legally allowed to work a maximum of 120 full (or 240 half) days within a year, without having to obtain permission from German employment authorities.

This also includes voluntary work placements, regardless of whether the placement is paid or unpaid. Foreign students face an additional restriction: while working the legally allowed number of days (or half days), they cannot be self-employed or work on a freelance basis.


Post Study work rights

Once you have completed your education, you can apply for an 18-month residence permit from your local foreign nationals’ registration office to look for a job that corresponds to your qualifications. In the meantime during these 18 months, you may take up any kind of employment to support yourself and fund your job search.

Permanent residence can be applied for after 33 months of working.


Bringing your dependents

If you have a residence permit in Germany and if you expect to stay longer than one year, then it is possible to bring your spouse and children with you to Germany. However, you have to be able to support them financially without burdening social assistance.

Business Hours Call MWT Consultancy Kochi, toll free: 18001034464 Call MWT Consultancy Kottayam, toll free: 18001034464 MailImage Live chat with MWT Consultancy Live chat with MWT Consultancy Refer MWT Consultancy, to a friend

Quick Contact

Our Courses