Australia is a top destination for immigrants, and there is a lot of demand for skilled professionals who can make a positive contribution to the Australian economy. There are many benefits to obtaining Permanent Residency in Australia, and some of them include the following:
- Application is relatively easy: The rules are clearly laid out, and only one lead applicant is needed.
- Freedom to live and work anywhere in the country: There is no mandate that holds back any immigrants from settling down in any part of the country.
- Family members can also accompany you: Two years after emigrating to Australia, you will be able to sponsor your family members, so you need not be separated from them for a long time.
- Full citizenship or dual nationality: After a period of 4 years, you can apply for full citizenship or dual nationality.
- Children’s education: Up to a certain age, children can get educated free of cost.
- Medicare: All permanent residents can avail of Medicare facilities and could receive free treatment at a public hospital and subsidized medicine.
- Easy entry: You can enter and leave the country on the same visa, without needing to reapply for fresh visas every time.
- Unrestricted travel: There are no restrictions on travel anywhere within the country.
- Financial aspects: As a Permanent Resident, you can access financial services just like a full citizen can, and can apply for mortgages also. Also, new PR holders have a clean credit history.
- Eligible for Residents return Visa: As a permanent resident, if you have to leave the country for an extended period of time, you will be eligible to get re-entry on a Residents Return Visa.
- Children born in Australia are deemed Australian citizens: If the child of a permanent resident is born in Australia, he or she will be deemed an Australian citizen by birth and will enjoy the maximum benefits in education and health care.
Australian Skilled Migration Visa: Time frames
The most popular visas under the Skilled Migration program are the 189 or 190 visa class, and the next popular is the 491. To get a 189, 190 or 491 visa, you will require the correct guidance and support which is not possible without the help of a skilled Migration consultant.
Around 6-8 months of work is required to get your application ready for the EOI system, and this will depend on your documentation required for your skills Assessment. Make sure that you have received a positive Skills Assessment before going on to submit the Expression of Interest, or your application will be rejected.
Once your application is submitted via the Expression of Interest platform, it can take anything up to two years to get PR. Most commonly, you will be called for your PR visa within 9 months of submitting your Expression of Interest.
Australia is said to provide everything that one could ask for a great work-life balance, stress-free lifestyle, plentiful opportunities for a rewarding career, and the chance to live and work in a beautiful country. To know more, connect with the MWT Education Consultancy team today!