Skilled Regional visa
This visa is for those who have previously lived and worked in certain parts of regional Australia on a prior eligible visa.
Cost: From AUD415
Processing time:75% of applications: 14 months, 90% of applications: 20 months
What can you do with this visa?
- You will be able to study and work anyplace in Australia
- Sponsor qualified relatives for permanent residency
- If eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
- Hold an eligible visa or have held an eligible visa that expired outside of Australia during the concession period
- Unless COVID-19 concessions apply, having lived in a defined regional area for at least 2 years and worked full-time for at least 1 year.
- Have followed the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held
With this visa you can
- Remain in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s national health-care programme.
- Support a visit to Australia for a relative
- Be eligible to travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible,
- Newcomers to Australia may have to wait a while before receiving some government payments and perks.
How long can you stay?
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that ends 5 years following the date of visa grant.
For the purpose of citizenship, permanent residency starts on:
- This is a permanent visa. It entitles you to an indefinite stay in Australia.
- From the date of grant, the travel component of the visa is valid for 5 years.
If members of your family unit presently have an eligible visa, you can include them in your application. At the time of application, you must include each family member who is eligible to apply for this visa. After you have filed your application, you won’t be able to add family members. If they possess an eligible visa that was granted on the premise that they were a member of your family unit, you can add family members who no longer fulfil the conventional definition of member of the family unit. For example, if you want to include a child in your application who has turned 23 years old since they were given an eligible visa, this clause would apply. Members of your family who are part of your application must meet Australia’s health and character requirements. Family members who are not travelling with you to Australia may be required to meet Australia’s health and character standards as well.
Children that are just born
If you have a child who was born in or outside Australia since your existing visa was granted, you must inform officials about your child before submitting this application. Find out what to do if your child is born after your current visa has been granted. You will be unable to submit your child’s application online if the officials have not matched their current visa to their passport.
For the main applicant, the visa costs AUD415. There is also a fee for each member of your family who applies for a visa with you.
If any member of the family unit applicant is 18 years old or older and has less than functional English, you may have to pay an additional fee. It’s called a second instalment charge. Only pay it when the officials ask you to. You will be requested the fee only if the officials intend to grant the visa.
The cost of the second instalment is AUD4,890. Use the Visa Pricing Estimator to figure out how much your visa will cost. The second instalment, as well as additional charges, are not taken into consideration by the estimator. Other expenditures such as health tests, police certifications, and biometrics may be required.
Submit an application
When you apply for the visa and officials decide on it, you can be in or out of Australia, but not in immigration clearance.
Application processing timeframes are determined on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times may vary according to a variety of factors, including:
- Whether you’ve submitted a full application with all of the required supporting materials
- The speed with which you react to any requests for more information
- How long it takes to conduct required checks on the accompanying documentation
- How long it takes to get additional information from external authorities, particularly in regard to health, character, and national security needs
- How many spots in the migration programme are available?
- Your responsibilities
- You and your family should follow Australian laws.
You have 5 years from the day you are awarded the visa to travel in and out of Australia as many times as you wish. To re-enter Australia as a permanent resident after 5 years, you will need a Resident Return (RRV).
Your passport will not contain a label but your visa will be digitally linked to your passport.
If you are intending to study in australia or have any further doubts and queries you can always feel free to consult MWT Education Consultancy, which is the leading Australian migration agents in Kottayam, devoted to providing the best education consultants in Kerala for students who like to begin their academic life from the prestigious universities, colleges, and educational institutions across Australia.
As one of the prestigious Australian recruitment agencies in Kochi, MWT Education is a one-stop solution for providing flawless educational guidance and counselling, we acknowledge all the questions ranging from setting intelligent academic goals to the smallest concerns of students.
Students need the right academic consultants for their education and international education requires the best MARA registered agents in Kochi who have the right contacts and experience. Partnered with around renowned universities across Australia, MWT Education Consultancy guarantees the success of your education, especially if you are interested in Nursing registration to Australia.
So, if you are interested to migrate to Australia MWT Education Consultancy is always at your service. Be enlightened with every information regarding international education – the universities, courses, fee structures, VISA requirements, study programs and scholarships.