​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Fees Updates – General Skilled Migration

In the General Skilled Migration stream for applicants who are inside or outside Australia, the fees have been revised recently. Please refer to the table below, and get in touch with an MWT Education Counsellor for a more detailed explanation. You can also have a free eligibility check and find out pathways to a rewarding future!

General Skilled Migration (Applicant in or outside Australia)

All charges shown below are in Australian Dollars (AUD). Note: For Subsequent Entrant applications refer to the Base application charge

Visa subclassNoteBase application chargeNon-internet application chargeAdditional applicant charge 
18 and over
Additional applicant charge under 18
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points tested stream12aAUD4,240N/AAUD2,120AUD1,060
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – New Zealand stream12gAUD850N/AAUD425AUD210
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)  – Hong Kong stream12aAUD4,240N/AAUD2,120AUD1,060
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)12aAUD4,240N/AAUD2,120AUD1,060
Skilled Regional (subclass 191)  – Hong Kong stream12aAUD4,240N/AAUD2,120AUD1,060
Skilled-Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)12bAUD425AUD80AUD210AUD105
Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489) – Invited pathway12dAUD4,240N/AAUD2,120AUD1,060
Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489) – Extended pathway12c
12d
AUD375N/AAUD190AUD95
Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)12e
12f
AUD435N/AAUD220AUD110

Here are some additional notes that you should know:

12a

If you are an applicant who is 18 at the time of application, and you have been assessed as not having functional English, you will have to pay a second instalment of AUD 4,885.In all other cases, the second instalment is nil.

12b

Note that the non-Internet application charge is not applicable to family unit members who are applying to join the visa holder in Australia.

12c

This visa is for applicants who are holding any of these 4 visas:

· Subclass 475 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) visa, or

· Subclass 487 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) visa or

· Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa, or

· Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa.

12d

If you are an applicant who is 18 at the time of application and you have been assessed as not having functional English, and you have not paid a second instalment of the visa application charge in relation to an application for a visa mentioned in Note 12c, the second instalment is: AUD4,890. For any other applicant, the second instalment is nil.

12e

This visa is applicable to these visa holders:

· a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or

· a Skilled — Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa; or

· a Subclass 475 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa; or

· a Subclass 487 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa; or

· a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa; or

· a Bridging A (Class WA) or Bridging B (Class WB) visa granted on the basis of a valid application for:

  • a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or
  • a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa (other than a Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visa); or
  • a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa.

12f

If you are an applicant who is 18 at the time of application and you have been assessed as not having functional English, and you have not paid a second instalment of the visa application charge in relation to an application for a visa mentioned in Note 12e, the second instalment is: AUD4,890. For any other applicant, the second instalment is nil.

12g

If you are an applicant of the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) (New Zealand) stream, 20% of the base application charge is to be paid at lodgement (see table above) with the remaining 80% paid at time of grant (Base AUD3,290, Additional Applicant 18 and over AUD1,645, and Additional Applicant under 18 AUD825).

To get your doubts clarified, and to explore ways to live, work and settle down in Australia, connect with MWT Education Consultancy today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *