Homepage Forums Australian Immigration and Visa Services  How long will it take to process my migration application?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin-mwt 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Subin Kurian

How long will it take to process my migration application?

admin-mwt
    Keymaster

This all depends on the specific visa class and subclass. We will detail this in your assessment report.

Subin Kurian

Can I be granted my migrant visa while I am in Australia?

admin-mwt
        Keymaster

No. You must be outside Australia ,You must depart Australia for your visa to be granted and evidenced in your passport. You do not need to return to the country where the application was lodged as this can be done at any Australia overseas mission.

Akhil Babu

Do I have to send original documents with my application?

admin-mwt
            Keymaster

Yes. Generally for permanent migration applications original documentation is required.

Subin Kurian

Can I visit Australia while my migration application is being processed?

admin-mwt
      Keymaster

Yes. But……
      You will need to meet the requirements for that class of visa, which may include the requirement that you only intend a holiday or short visit. Visitors visas are not intended to provide residence in Australia for migration applicants awaiting the outcome of their application.
      …and you must inform us if you are temporarily in Australia as we can continue your processing whilst you are there.

Akhil Babu

Can I do my medical processing in Australia?

admin-mwt
      Keymaster

Yes. If you are in Australia temporarily you can approach an office of the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs to collect the medical forms (Form 26 and Form 160) and details on approved doctors and radiologists. You should sent your sealed medical results, marked with your file reference, to this office or to DIAC directly when completed.

Akhil Babu

Do I have to lodge my passport with my application?

admin-mwt
      Keymaster

Passports are NOT required to make a valid application. However, for all temporary residence visa applications (except Retirement visa applications) you should provide your passport with 2 unused visa pages with your application.
      If you think that you will need your passport during this time, DO NOT send it with your application. We deal with a large number of visa applications and can not guarantee that we will be able to return your passport to you when you need it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Book a Free Consultation

Please take few more minutes to provide further details