Based on your study plans, here is some information on the different types of education-related Australian visas.
Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
This visa lets you to visit or for business visitor purposes for up to three, six or 12 months. You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia as a visitor, for business visitor activities, to visit family, or on a tour.
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply Student visa, this visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognized education institution. You are eligible if you are at least six years old, have been accepted to study at an educational institution, and have health insurance. The length of stay is up to 5 years under this type of visa.
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
This visa is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491)
This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia
Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
This is a popular visa that allows young adults from eligible countries to holiday and work in Australia for a year. The Work and Holiday Visa gives individuals a golden opportunity to explore Australia and work at the same time.
So, what all can you do with a Subclass 462?
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- Work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- Study in Australia for up to four months
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.
Before you apply you must meet some basic requirements:
- You must be between the ages of 18-30
- You must have a valid Passport from an eligible country that is not expiring within the next year. Click for details of eligible country
- You must possess the relevant educational requirement specific to eligible country. Click here for requirement
- Evidence of sufficient funds in your Bank or Credit Cards
Visa processing time
- Applications submitted online takes around 15 days for 75% of applications and for 90% applications the time is 35 days.
Eligible Countries for Australia Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462
If you hold a passport of any of the below-given eligible countries, then you are entitled to apply:
- People’s Republic of China
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United States of America
PAY ONLINE TO REGISTER WITH US
INR 5950.00 *
*Inclusive of applicable tax