Based on your study plans, here is some information on the different types of education-related Australian visas.
Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
This visa lets you to visit or for business visitor purposes for up to three, six or 12 months. You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia as a visitor, for business visitor activities, to visit family, or on a tour.
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply Student visa, this visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognized education institution. You are eligible if you are at least six years old, have been accepted to study at an educational institution, and have health insurance. The length of stay is up to 5 years under this type of visa.
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
This visa is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491)
This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia
Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
This is a popular visa that allows young adults from eligible countries to holiday and work in Australia for a year. The Work and Holiday Visa gives individuals a golden opportunity to explore Australia and work at the same time.
So, what all can you do with a Subclass 462?
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- Work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- Study in Australia for up to four months
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.
Before you apply you must meet some basic requirements:
- You must be between the ages of 18-30
- You must have a valid Passport from an eligible country that is not expiring within the next year. Click for details of eligible country
- You must possess the relevant educational requirement specific to eligible country. Click here for requirement
- Evidence of sufficient funds in your Bank or Credit Cards
Visa processing time
- Applications submitted online takes around 15 days for 75% of applications and for 90% applications the time is 35 days.
Eligible Countries for Australia Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462
If you hold a passport of any of the below-given eligible countries, then you are entitled to apply:
- People’s Republic of China
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United States of America
Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476)
This visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You can bring your family as well. To apply for this visa, the prerequisites are as follows:
- You are required to have completed an engineering degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years.This could be a Bachelor’s, Master’s, a Doctoral Degree or a Postgraduate Diploma. The qualification must be in an Engineering discipline, such as:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and Electronics engineering
- Mechanical, Production and Plant Engineering
- Mining and Material Engineering
- You should be below 31 years of age.
- You should not have been the primary visa holder of a subclass 476 or 485 visa at any time in the past.
- You must have completed your engineering qualification at a specified educational institution. *Any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a specified institution. (Note: an affiliation is not sufficient)
- You should also be able to demonstrate the following Language proficiency requisites.
Language Proficiency Requirement
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 parts|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)||Total score of at least 64 with a minimum score of 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)||Overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 for each of the 4 parts|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||At least B for each of the 4 parts|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced test||Overall at least 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the 4 test components|
For more details,
PAY ONLINE TO REGISTER WITH US
INR 5950.00 *
*Inclusive of applicable tax