Canada Visa

For study in Canada, all overseas students are required to obtain a study permit, as the visa is called. For a course duration that is less than 6 months, a student permit is not required. Students have the flexibility of transferring between programs and institutions without applying for a change in the visa conditions. The period of study must be at a designated learning institute (click here for a list of DLIs).

The study permit is not a visa, and students may also need a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). While studying in Canada under a study permit you must ensure that you are always enrolled at a DLI and making progress towards completing your program. You must always respect any conditions listed on your study permit. If you no longer meet these requirements, you should stop studying and must leave Canada when your permit expires. Note that depending on your case, there may be conditions on your study permit such as the level of studies you can attend. You may have restrictions on being allowed to work, and on travel within Canada. The date on which you must stop studying will be mentioned.

Most student visas for Canada permit students to work part-time on the campus where they are enrolled, if they are full-time students. If a student is studying at a private institute, his or her student visa may have the stipulation that an additional student visa work permit is required to seek employment outside the campus.

Enquire Now

Quick Enquiry