What is the significance of being a MARA agent?
All those who wish to be a migration agent in Australia must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). As part of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, MARA is responsible for regulating migration agents and their services.
The responsibilities of MARA
MARA’s responsibilities include ensuring that:
- People who need immigration services know their rights
- Registered migration agents (RMA) understand their obligations and have the necessary knowledge and skills to provide accurate and timely advice
- Only suitable people are RMAs and they are monitored for their conduct and the quality of their advice
- Anyone who uses an RMA can make complaints if required.
What can a MARA agent do?
Migration experts who are registered with MARA can:
- Give advice on visas and help you choose the right visa
- Lodge a visa application on your behalf
- Work with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to progress your visa application
Prerequisites: A migration consultant who is registered with MARA is required to have appropriate qualifications and act within the norms laid out by a Code of Conduct that ensures they act in a professional way and in your best interests.
What happens if my migration agent is not registered with MARA?
Migration consultants who are not registered with MARA are not legally allowed to provide you with advice or assistance with your visa application. There is also no way of knowing if the advice they are giving you is correct or if they are preparing your application correctly.
At MWT, our advisor for Australia is registered with MARA and has the skills necessary to effectively deal with all of your migration concerns. If you would like assistance with migrating to Australia, contact us for an expert consultation.
- Australia Skilled Migration Point System,
- The candidates for Australia Immigration under the Australia Skilled Immigration visas must qualify certain criteria which are determined by the Australia Immigration Point System.
- They must score the required minimum of 60 points to achieve visa under the General skilled migration program.
- The point system awards you score are based on criteria ranging from age to work experience. Below is the detailed breakdown of points allotment and the requirements of each criteria.
PAY ONLINE TO REGISTER WITH US
INR 11900.00 *
*Inclusive of applicable tax